It’s hard to believe 2018 is almost over. It’s even harder to believe our last end-of-the-year recap was in 2014. Where has the time gone? We wanted to take a moment to reflect on what we’ve been up to here at Johnny Lightning Strikes Again:
- One of our campaigns helped fund community development projects in Kansas City.
- Another gave Kansas City mayoral hopeful Phil Glynn his start.
- We built websites and a lot of them. We launched a simpler, easier banking website for Academy Bank, learned a lot about trailer hitches for bwtrailerhitches.com, and found the better way to school for AppleBus.com.
- We got a new pinball machine and by new we mean it’s from 1972. Come play it sometime.
- We began new partnerships with Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, Clipper Distributing, Alpha Gamma Rho, Vident Partners, Encore Restoration, KVC Hospitals, Wyandot Inc., AAPC Publishing, and Bradley Software, to name a few.
- We celebrated 5-year work anniversaries for Nick and Shawna. Yay, Nick and Shawna!
- We saw some of our early clients experience great growth—like the KC Streetcar’s expansion getting passed, The Photo Bus expanding to Boston (for a total of 11 cities across the U.S.), and overstock.com announcing a new facility in KCK. We’re pretty sure we had something to do with all that.
Now, we couldn’t have done any of this without the real heroes—our awesome clients and friends. Thanks so much for your support. We hope your 2018 has been a great one but that your 2019 is even better.
David, James, Josh, Sara, Shawna, Nick & Caroline